You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your personal details, including your name, postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers, and title
- We may require to verify your age. This is a legal requirement because of the products we sell.
- The password you set for your account, which we store in an encrypted format
- Your payment information including card number and expiry date, in order to fulfil the orders you make. We are a PCI DSS compliant business so your payment card information is stored securely by our payments provider, and we do not hold a record of your CVV number.
- Information about your purchases and preferences (for example, what you have bought, the quantities, when and where you bought it and how you paid for it).
When you contact us or we contact you - or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about Wines of Uruguay - we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about your orders(ie name, order details and contact details), including by phone, email or post.
- Details of the mailings, emails and other digital communications we send to you.
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires (unless anonymised).
What we do with the information we gather
When you place an order with us, you will be agreeing to the use of your personal information by us to administer your order
- We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you - e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out credit and other security checks.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Communication and marketing
If you have made a purchase, or registered on our site, we may update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post & telephone. You have the option to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us
Updating your preferences
You can opt out of receiving email marketing communications at any time by clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in the emails from us. Or you can write to us (including full details of your request) to email@example.com.