You haven't yet viewed any products on our store. If you've been here before, you may need to sign in.
The website www.winesofuruguay.co.uk is a trading name of Carla Bertellotti. The website is operated by Carla Bertellotti. As user of this website you acknowledge that any transactions you make are subject to the following terms and conditions as set-out below:
1. By placing an order with us you are confirming that you are 18 or older. It is illegal for us to sell alcohol to anyone under the age of 18. Age Restrictions to the Supply of Alcohol:
1.1. Pursuant to the Licensing Act 2003 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, intoxicating liquor subject to a maximum fine of £1,000, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £5,000.
1.2. Pursuant to the Licensing Scotland Act 2005 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, intoxicating liquor subject to a maximum fine of £200, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £5,000 and or 3 months imprisonment.
1.3. Wines of Uruguay UK is committed to upholding both its legal and social obligations as a retailer of intoxicating liquor. The company has control checks throughout the purchase and distribution process (e.g. requesting the customer's date of birth when the order is placed and requesting age identification on delivery where the recipient appears to be under the age of 18).
1.4. In making a purchase of alcohol from Wines of Uruguay UK you are accepting these Terms & Conditions and you agree to provide Wines of Uruguay UK truthful and accurate information and act in accordance with the Licensing Act of 2003 or where applicable the Licensing Scotland Act 2005.
2. When you give us your credit or debit card details you are confirming that you are either the card holder, or that you have permission from the card holder to use the card for the purpose of ordering wine.
3. We reserve the right to cancel any orders we cannot fulfil for any reason. If your order is cancelled we will contact you to explain why and refund any money you have paid us for that order.
4. Generally, orders placed before 12pm on Monday to Friday will be dispatched the same working day. Orders placed between 12pm Friday and Sundays will be dispatched the following Monday. We reserve the right to bring the delivery deadline forward if we need to.
5. We are unable to guarantee delivery dates but will give the best estimate that we can.
6. If your order goes missing, or is damaged, between dispatch and delivery, we will send you a replacement order as soon as we can. If we are unable to dispatch replacement goods within 7 days we will offer you a full refund. For these purposes, delivery takes place when products are left at your delivery address or with someone else in accordance with your instructions.
7. For your own safety we reserve the right to contact your card issuer for the purposes of carrying out security checks.
8. We take your privacy very seriously and will only pass your details onto 3rd parties when necessary to fulfil your order i.e. warehouse operators, carriers etc.
9. Products offered by us are displayed on our website(s) in 'real time'. This is to say that any product may be withdrawn from offer without notice.
10. If for some reason we are unable to fulfil your exact order, we reserve the right to substitute up to 3 bottles with similar wines of at least the same value as the wine you ordered. If we need to substitute more than 3 bottles in any one order we will put your order on hold and contact you for further instructions.
11. Quality Guarantee and Policy: We are committed to providing our customers with an unsurpassed level of service and are equally committed to ensuring we provide a safe and legal product. If a wine is corked or faulty we will offer a replacement or credit on the return of the bottle in question. If a wine has been kept too long or stored inappropriately, we may not be able to offer a refund. If you believe a wine to be faulty please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
12. You may cancel your order for any reason up to and including 7 working days from the date of delivery of your order, provided all the bottles are unopened and intact. We will refund the price of the order excluding any delivery charge and less the cost incurred to collect the wine.
13. Any subsequent disputes or claims arising from the use of this site must be made and settled under English law and by the English Courts. This clause shall not be deemed to affect the rights of a consumer under any rule of law to bring proceedings in his own country of domicile or for the contract to be governed by his own legal system.
14. We make every effort to ensure the information listed on the website relating to our products is accurate and up-to-date but there are times due to circumstances beyond our control when the vintage or price may change. In this event we may substitute wines for a later vintage or an alternative of equal or greater value. If you are unhappy with any substitutions you receive. We will arrange collection at our cost.
15. Nothing in the website, brochure or other materials issued by us constitutes an offer to sell.
16. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on dispatch to you of the products ordered.